- User Management
- 3G/4G/LTE Cellular Data Features
Draytek produce some of the most specification-rich products in their class, please use these tabs to view full specifactions.
Vigor 2832 Series ADSL Router Firewall
The Vigor 2832 series (including the Vigor 2832n) is our new router/firewall for ADSL lines. Alternative WAN ports can insead provide connectivity to Ethenet feeds, secondary xDSL modems or a 3G/4G cellular service using a supported USB adaptor. This latest router series includes support for professional features such as VLAN tagging, Gigabit Ethernet built-in WiFi ('n' models).
Packed with professional-level features, the Vigor 2832 series is compatible with all UK variants of ADSL (including ADSL2+ and Annex M) and the Vigor 2832 can also be used for cable-modem, leased line and EFM applications using its Gigabit Ethernet WAN port.
A 4-port Gigabit Ethernet switch on the LAN side provides high speed connectivity for your server, other local PCs or for uplink to a larger Ethernet switch. Comprehensive security features include content filtering, web application controls and an object based firewall management system.
Robust & Comprehensive Firewall
Security is always taken seriously with DrayTek routers. The firewall protects against attacks including DoS (Denial of Service) attacks, IP-based attacks and access by unauthorised remote systems. Wireless, Ethernet and VPN are also protected by various protection systems. The DrayTek object-based firewall allows even more setup flexibility than ever, enabling you to create combinations of users, rules and restrictions to suit multi-departmental organisations. The Vigor 2832 also allows selective direction firewall rules of LAN to WAN, WAN to LAN or LAN to VPN. In addition, QoS (Quality of Service Assurance) can be selectively applied to specific users within your NAT subnet according to source or destination IP address.
IPv6 - Next Generation Internet Routing
The Vigor 2832 supports IPv6 - the successor to the current IPv4 addressing system that has been used since the Internet was first created. IPv4 address space is full up and IPv6 allows for much more efficient routing and a larger address space. IPv6 is supported both from your own ISP, but if your ISP does not (yet) support IPv6, the Vigor 2832 also supports IPv6 broker/tunnel services to provide IPv6 access using either TSPC or AICCU via 3rd party IPv6 providers.
IPv6 on the Vigor 2832 series provides the following features:
- Operation on any one of the WAN ports (ADSL, Ethernet or 3G/4G)
- Connectivity to direct native IPv6 ISPs
- Built-in tunneling to 3rd party IPv6 brokers
supporting TSPC or AICCU methods
- Default stateful firewall for all IPv6 LAN Clients/Devices
- DHCPv6 Client or Static IPv6 Client
- DHCPv6 & RADVD for client configuration
- IP Filtering Rules
- QoS for IPv6 with DiffServ
- Router Management over IPv6 (Telnet/HTTP) with IPv6 Access List
- Simultaneous (concurrent) operation with IPv4 ("Dual-Stack")
- Other router features are available on IPv4 only currently
Web Content Filtering
The content control features of the Vigor 2832 allows you to set restrictions on web site access, blocking download of certain file or data types, blocking specific web sites with whitelists or blacklists, blocking IM/P2P applications or other potentially harmful or wasteful content. Restrictions can be per user, per PC or universal. Using DrayTek's Cyren service, you can block whole categories of web sites (e.g. gambling, adult sites etc.), subject to an annual subscription to the Globalview service, which is continuously updated with new or changed site categorisations or sites which have become compromised (such as infected with Malware). A free 30-day trial to Cyren content filtering is included with your new router.
WAN Load Balancing & Backup
The Vigor 2832 features three methods of WAN connectivity - ADSL, Ethernet (Gigabit) and two USB ports for connection of a 3G/4G modem. The Ethernet port can connect to a second ADSL or VDSL modem (e.g. Vigor 120 or Vigor 130), a cable modem or any other Ethernet-based Internet feed. The multiple WAN interfaces can be used either for WAN-Backup or load balancing. Load-balancing or failover supports IPv4 only currently.
WAN-Backup provides contingency (redundancy) in case of your primary ADSL line or ISP suffering temporary outage). Internet Traffic will be temporarily routed via the secondary Internet access. When normal services is restored to your primary ADSL line, all traffic is switched back to that.
The Vigor 2832 can connect directly to an ADSL / ADSL2+ line. WAN2 is a Gigabit Ethernet
port and can connect to a secondary modem/connection, such as another ADSL or VDSL modem.
If you don't have ADSL, the Ethernet WAN port can instead be used as your primary/only Internet connection (using NAT) so the same router can be used regardless of whether you have xDSL or Ethernet Internet connections currently.
The USB ports provide Internet connectivity (main, backup or load balanced) by connecting to a compatible USB modem (or cellphone) for access to the high speed 3G / 4G cellular networks from UK providers such as Vodafone, O2, 3 and EE / BT. If you don't have ADSL at all, the USB 3G / 4G access method can be used as your primary/only Internet connection, ideal for temporary locations, mobile applications or where broadband access is not available.
Rack Mounting Kit
The RM1 Rackmount Bracket enables you to fit any Vigor2832 series router into a standard 19" rack or cabinet. The bracket takes up one rack slot (1U) and includes a cable retainer at the back to keep the power cord captive. The front mounted sockets of the router remain fully accessible. For wireless models, we then recommend extension aerials (or aerial extensions).
VPN - Linking remote offices, HQ, teleworkers and mobile staff
A feature central to DrayTek routers is the VPN (Virtual Private Networking) features. A VPN enables you to link two remote offices, branch offices back to HQ or home-based/mobile teleworkers back to your office. Once connected, they have access to your office/remote resources through a secure encrypted tunnel allowing remote desktop, file sharing and seamless access to other resources and devices.
The Vigor 2832 allows you to set up up to 32 simultaneous VPN tunnels to remote offices or teleworkers using PPTP, IPsec or L2TP protocols. Teleworkers can authenticate directly with your LDAP server if preferred. The Vigor 2832 also allows remote workers to dial-in with SSL VPNs with up to 10 simultaneous SSL VPN tunnels.
802.1q Tagged, Wireless & Port Based VLAN
The Vigor 2832 features a hugely flexible VLAN system. In its simplest form, each of the four Gigabit LAN ports can be isolated from each other, for example to feed different companies or departments but keeping their local traffic completely separated. For more sophisticated scenarios, the Vigor 2832 includes tagged VLANs (802.1q) whereby data is marked with a VLAN identifier. This identifier can be read by an onward Ethernet switch and directed to specific ports or just passed to the LAN for specific VLAN clients to pick up; priorities can also be applied for LAN-side QoS.
The VLANs can be tied to any other individual 4 RJ45 ports on the front of the Vigor 2832, or, by the use of VLAN tagging, you can uplink to a larger switch and retain the separation for larger groups. The VLANs can each be tied into each of the different IP subnets that the router may also be operating, to provide even more isolation.
On the Wireless-equipped models (Vigor2832n) each of the wireless SSIDs can also be grouped within one of the VLANs. Each individual private subnet can be independent (isolated) or common (able to communicate with each other). This is ideal for departmental or multi-occupancy applications.
The Vigor 2832 series has built-in user management which allows you to provide internet access to users based on their own unique login (stored in the router, or on an external Radius server). Accounts can be restricted by schedules or maximum usage times but also any other aspect of the firewall or content filtering can be applied on a user-by-user basis. For example, a sales department might not be allowed access to social networking sites except at lunch time, or in a school, teachers and staff have more access permitted than pupils. This works with Wireless (WiFi) clients too so is ideal for guest or temporary access as users can be isolated from the rest of the company LAN.
Up to 200 User Profiles:
User Status & Management:
Status Information presented to Users:
3G/4G/LTE Cellular Data Features
On the Vigor 2832 series, the USB port can host a compatible 3G/4G USB modem for access to the cellular network for full Internet Access.
The 3G/4G connection can be used as your primary/only Internet access, or as backup to your main ADSL line connection. This facility is ideal for homes or offices which don't want to pay fixed line + broadband rental and also for temporary locations, or those to where fixed lines aren't available but for businesses, having 3G/4G as a failover to your main connectivity means that your business stays online when your broadband doesn't!.
With the Vigor 2832n, your local users can be connected wirelessly to the router, so instant free 'hotspots' can be deployed quickly and easily. Mains power is required for the router's PSU, but this could be from a mobile generator or equivalent so you need to plan for this.
Please check here for the latest USB modem compatibility; the phone companies (Vodafone, EE, O2, 3 etc.) continuously introduce new models, so additional Modem Support is added continuously. If you have a new modem, not yet supported, please contact us as support for new models is frequently added. Also it is possible to obtain logs for our engineers to assess.
The Vigor 2832 and 3G/4G cellular modem setup is ideal for:
- Backup to your primary Internet feed (ADSL, cable etc.)
- Providing lower cost broadband than a fixed line solution
- Areas without fixed line broadband access
- Compatible with a wide range of 3G modems/phones
- Temporary Locations
- Mobile Homes
- Locations on the move - coaches, trains
- Fairgrounds & temporary exhibitions
- Outdoor locations (the router and modem itself must be indoors!)
- Disaster Planning & High Availability
Note: DrayTek have no control over local network/provider operations, changes in network facilities/tariffs nor make any claim over specific network compatibility. Please assure yourself that the router will be compatible with your chosen cellular network and USB adaptor and that you have adequate signal coverage before committing to any contract term. Please also ensure that your chosen provider and the tariff allows access to all of your required applications (e.g. VPN, VoIP etc.).
Network Attached Storage (NAS)
The Vigor 2832's USB port can also be used to add storage memory to the unit in the form of a USB memory key (as shown right) or for higher capacity a USB hard drive (normally requires its own power). The Vigor 2832 then provides FTP access file uploading/downloading which can be from the local LAN or from anywhere on the Internet - ideal for a simple to deploy file depository. Access can be 'public' or using usernames and passwords, each of which can have their own directories and/or file access rights. As well as FTP, file sharing is available as a Windows 'network drive'. You can also use Windows Explorer to view and access the contents of the USB drive.
If you do have a USB memory key connected, you can also have the router save it's system logs (syslog) to that memory instead of to a connecting computer; useful for technical personnel (SysAdmins).
The NAS facility uses any FAT32 formatted device (includes USB memory sticks, USB hard drives etc.) and supports a transfer rate of 12Mb/s so ideal for occasional or remote storage. For larger hard drives, you may need a separate power supply or powered USB hub.
With the installation of the optional USB thermometer, the Vigor 2832 can take continuous temperature readings from the vicinity of the router. This USB thermometer connects to the router's USB port either directly or placed nearby using the supplied 1 Metre USB extension cable.
You can log into the router at any time and see the current temperature and the previous 24-hour's high/low as well as graphs. You can set thresholds so that if it gets too hot or too cold at the sensor, you'll receive an email or SMS (text message).
Typical applications will be to report the temperature in your comms/IT cabinet or room, but also the general office temperature, depending on the placement of the temperature 'dongle'. USB typically allows a maximum cable length of up to 3M.
Vigor 2832 ADSL Series - Technical Specification
- Physical Interfaces:
- LAN Ports (Switch)
- 4 X Gigabit Ethernet (1000Mb/s) Ports
- Port-Based VLAN (Inclusive/Exclusive Groups)
- 802.1q VLAN Tagging
- USB Ports:
- 2x USB 2.0 ports for 3G/4G Modem, Printer, USB storage or USB temperature sensor
- WAN Ports:
- WAN1 : ADSL, RJ11
- WAN2 : Gigabit Ethernet (1000Mb/s) Ethernet
- WAN3 : USB Port for 3G/4G Cellular Modem
- WAN4 : USB Port for 3G/4G Cellular Modem
- LAN Ports (Switch)
- Firewall: Up to 300Mb/s
- IPSec VPN: Up to 50Mb/s
- ADSL Compatibility:
- ANSI T1.413 Issue2
- ITU-T G.992.1 G.dmt (ADSL)
- ITU-T G.992.2 G.lite
- ITU-T G.992.3 ADSL2
- ITU-T G.992.5 ADSL2+
- Annex L (READSL)
- Annex A
- Annex M
- ANFP Issue 3 Compliant/Certified (for Annex A & Annex M)
- DSL Forum : TR-048/67 & TR-100
- Load Balance/Failover Features:
- Outbound Policy-Based Load-Balance
- WAN Connection Fail-over
- BoD (Bandwidth on Demand)
- Wireless LAN Features ('n' Models Only):
- 802.11n with backward support for 802.11b/g
- 2.4GHz operating frequency (UK channels 1-13)
- Multiple SSID : Create up to 4 virtual wireless LANs (independent or joined)
- Optional Higher Gain or directional aerials available
- Active Client list in Web Interface
- Wireless LAN Isolation (from VLAN groups and wired Ethernet interfaces)
- 64/128-bit WEP Encryption
- WPA/WPA2 Encryption
- Switchable Hidden SSID
- Restricted access list for clients (by MAC address)
- Time Scheduling (WLAN can be disabled at certain times of day)
- Access Point Discovery
- WDS (Wireless Distribution system) for WLAN Bridging and Repeating
- 802.1x Radius Authentication
- Wireless VLAN
- Wireless Rate-Control
- Automatic Power Management
- 802.11e WMM (Wi-Fi Multimedia)
- Firewall & Security Features:
- CSM (Content Security Management):
- URL Keyword Filtering - Whitelist or Blacklist specific sites or keywords in URLs
- Block Web sites by category (e.g. Adult, Gambling etc. Subject to subscription)
- Prevent accessing of web sites by using their direct IP address (thus URLs only)
- Blocking automatic download of Java applets and ActiveX controls
- Blocking of web site cookies
- Block http downloads of file types :
- Binary Executable : .EXE / .COM / .BAT / .SCR / .PIF
- Compressed : .ZIP / .SIT / .ARC / .CAB/. ARJ / .RAR
- Multimedia : .MOV / .MP3 / .MPEG / .MPG / .WMV / .WAV / .RAM / .RA / .RM / .AVI / .AU
- Time Schedules for enabling/disabling the restrictions
- Block popular P2P (Peer-to-Peer) file sharing programs
- Block Instant Messaging programs (e.g. IRC, MSN/Yahoo Messenger etc.)
- Multi-NAT, DMZ Host
- Port Redirection and Open Port Configuration
- Policy-Based Firewall
- MAC Address Filter
- SPI ( Stateful Packet Inspection ) with new FlowTrack Mechanism
- DoS / DDoS Protection
- IP Address Anti-spoofing
- E-Mail Alert and Logging via Syslog
- Bind IP to MAC Address
- CSM (Content Security Management):
- Bandwidth Management:
- QoS (For devices in the NAT subnet according to source or destination IP)
- Guaranteed Bandwidth for VoIP
- Class-based Bandwidth Guarantee by User-Defined Traffic Categories
- Layer 2&3 (802.1p & TOS/DCSP)
- DiffServ Code Point Classifying
- 4-level Priority for each Direction (Inbound / Outbound)
- Bandwidth Borrowed
- Temporary (5 minute) Quick Blocking of any LAN Client
- Bandwidth / Session Limitation
- Network/Router Management:
- Web-Based User Interface (HTTP / HTTPS)
- CLI ( Command Line Interface ) / Telnet / SSH
- Administration Access Control
- Configuration Backup / Restore
- Built-in Diagnostic Function
- Firmware Upgrade via TFTP / FTP
- Logging via Syslog
- SNMP v3 Management with MIB-II
- VPN Facilities:
- Up to 32 Concurrent VPN Tunnels (incoming or outgoing)
- Tunnelling Protocols:
- L2TP over IPSec
- DrayTek SSL
- IPSec Features:
- Internet Key Exchange : IKEv1 (Main and Aggressive mode) & IKEv2 NEW!
- Security Protocols : AH mode, ESP mode
- DiffieHelman (DH) Groups:
- IKEv1 : 1,2,5,14
- IKEv2 : 1,2,5,14,19,20,21
- DES / 3DES (168bits)
- AES (128/192/256bits) - Hardware-Accelerated
- Authentication - Hardware-Accelerated:
- IKE Authentication : Pre-shared Key or X.509 Digital Signature
- DHCP over IPSec
- NAT-Traversal (NAT-T)
- Dead Peer Detection (DPD)
- SSL VPN for teleworkers - Up to 16 simultaneous users. Proxy or tunnel
- LAN-to-LAN & Teleworker-to-LAN connectivity
- MOTP (Mobile One Time Password) for two factor authentication (2FA)
- Virtual IP Mapping, map a remote IP subnet/range to another range to resolve IP subnet/range conflicts
- VPN Pass-Through
- Network Features:
- DHCP Client / Relay / Server
- DHCP Option 66 support
- Dynamic DNS
- NTP Client (Synchronise Router Time)
- Call Scheduling (Enable/Trigger Internet Access by Time)
- RADIUS Client
- UPnP Support
- Routing Protocols:
- Static Routing
- RIP V2
- Vigor 2832 ATM Protocols (DSL):
- RFC-2684/RFC-1483 Multiple Protocol over AAL5
- RFC-2516 PPP over Ethernet
- RFC-2364 PPP over AAL5
- PPPoE pass through LAN/WLAN
- PPPoE/PPPoA Relay
- Transparent bridge for MPoA
- Multiple PVC support for Triple Play Applications (up to 8 simultaneous)
- Support for RFC4638 for MTU up to 1500
- WAN Protocols (Ethernet):
- DHCP Client
- Static IP
- Operating Requirements:
- Rack Mountable (Optional Vigor RM1 mounting bracket required)
- Wall Mountable
- Temperature Operating : 0°C ~ 45°C
- Storage : -25°C ~ 70°C
- Humidity 10% ~ 90% (non-condensing)
- Power Consumption: 18 Watt Max.
- Dimensions: L240.96 * W165.07 * H43.96 ( mm )
- Operating Power: DC 12V (via external PSU, supplied)
- Warranty : Two (2) Years RTB
- Power Requirements : 220-240VAC
Vigor 2832 Router Dashboard in Web Interface
Logging of Ambient Temperature (Requires optional USB Thermometer)
Web Content Filtering
Wireless LAN Access Point Scanning
Vigor 130 WAN information
WAN2 on the Vigor 2832 is an Ethernet port to which you can connect any Ethernet Internet feed. This can also be used to connect DrayTek's Vigor 130 DSL model in order to connect a second ADSL or VDSL line to the Vigor 130. When the Vigor 2832 is used with the Vigor 130, the Vigor 2832 can report the DSL line statistics from the Vigor 130 in its own web interface (above) alongside the built-in DSL interface
Need this by tomorrow?
Order in the next 15 hours 44 minutes and select next day delivery at checkout*
*Subject to delivery address